Scene SC/Breakedge @ Bey’s
Tuesday November 16th
Sing Sing 76
1) Describe your music for those who aren’t familiar.
We play a blend of indie pop/rock that is primarily melody and lyrically driven.
2) Who are some of your biggest musical influences?
Influences include: Andy Hull, Andy Jackson, The Avett Brothers, Nathan Hussey, Jimmy Eat World
3) What are some of your favorite parts about the music scene that you come out of? What are some things that you wish you could change about the music scene?
I love most of the bands from this area (Columbia, Charleston, Greenville, etc…). SequoyahPrep School and All Get Out are two great bands that are from right here in South Carolina. I wish I could change the fact that sometimes too many cover songs are expected, when we (and most bands in our genre) tend to play only originals.
4) How did your band get started?
Our guitarist (Dylan Cobden) and I have been playing music in bands with each other for over six years now. Sing Sing sort of evolved out of us sitting around and writing songs and cycling through band members. It sort of solidified about 3 years ago though.
5) What are you most excited about for the future of your band?
think we’re all pretty excited about getting a chance to tour after I (Thomas) graduate from high school this spring. We’ve been pretty eager to get out in front of more audiences.
6) If you could change one thing about the music industry what would it be?
I’d kill illegal downloading.
7) Who are some of your favorite South Carolina or Regional bands to play with? What band do you think your fans should check out?
We love playing with Versus the Robot from Columbia. We also enjoy playing with Paul Brazell, The Enemy Lovers, and Ocean is Theory. Check them all out.