MEF Highlights of 2011, My Year of Unholy Triumph
1. Ate spaghetti one table away from Elbow‘s drummer in the backstage cafeteria of a festival in Germany.
2. Played 100+ shows across 41 states and 17 countries. Fuckin-a right.
3. Ate poutin in Quebec, fish and chips in London, bratwurst in Germany, waffles in Belgium, and breathtaking as they all were, none hold a candle to a burger and onion ring from Melvin’s.
4. Wrote the score for a kick-ass iPhone game coming out in 2012.
5. Played a show attended by childhood hero Adam Duritz, who knew our songs and everything.
6. Revisited Far Cry 2 for Xbox 360 and fell deeply in love all over again. Â An absolute gem.
7. Filled in the hole in our backyard where an old septic tank had been. Â You have no idea how annoying this was.
8. Saw a commercial with our music in it while eating shitty continental breakfast in a Best Western lobby.
9. Felt more alive, satisfied, and grateful than any year I can remember. Except maybe 3rd grade, shit was really clicking for me that year. Â Otherwise 2011 is the tops.