Submissions for NPR’s Tiny Desk Concerts are open, a great opportunity for local bands to have their music seen and heard by the outlet. We filmed this submission for Stagbriar nine years ago, and that’s how our Papa Jazz Sessions began. It’s a great opportunity for bands to get creative with a stripped back setup and visuals.
- Our friends at Extra Chill launched a new online forum for Charleston music news and beyond. Register today and hop in the conversation.
- Toro y Moi has a song on the new A24 Music release “Everyone’s Getting Involved: A Tribute to Talking Heads’ Stop Making Sense”. Other artists include Miley Cyrus, The National, and Paramore. Toro also dropped a new tune this week.
- Ahead of their set this Saturday at Mardi Gras Fest at City Roots in Cola, Les Merry Chevaliers dropped their new single “Hot Moms”!”, a live show favorite.
- Chris Compton’s new single “Don’t Fly Away” is out now. Produced and engineered by Todd Mathis, the track features Jeff Gregory on bass, Mike Scarboro on drums, and Moses Andrews III on keys.
- Sunny Malin released his new song CHASE, his first since moving to Los Angeles. The beat is from SC artists Slugwurf and this song is the first of many new songs to come this year.
The setlist for this Wilco show isn’t available, but here’s the setlist for the following night in Carborro, NC at Cat’s Cradle.
Hilton Head native Hannah Wicklund released her sophomore album “The Prize” and announced a world tour. Last fall, Wicklund was on a European tour opening for Greta Van Fleet. Charleston Scene caught up with her ahead of their new tourthat kicks off Feb. 8 at the Music Farm in Charleston with The High Divers opening.
Thank you for subscribing <3 Watch out for a new podcast and ticket giveaway coming next week!