Talking Heads song “This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)” is one of those special songs that people fall in love with and one that sticks with them over the years. People who love the song often have a story behind it, and for Talking Heads it’s become their song that’s endured the test of time. The 35-year-old tune was the bands first love song, and is one that comes on often in hip bars, whether you realize that you know the song or not, you’ve probably heard it before.
South Carolina’s own Ben Bridwell and Iron & Wine aren’t the first to cover the song, but they’ve made it their own with this version that offers of up the signature sounds of both artists.
The collaborative album was recorded at Echo Mountain Studios in Asheville, North Carolina and releases July 17. Tour dates include Atlanta and Charlotte with Charleston’s own Susto opening several of the dates.
July 20 – Tabernacle – Atlanta, GA –Tickets
July 21 – The Fillmore – Charlotte, NC –Tickets
Sing Into Your Mouth:
1. This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody) — Talking Heads
2. Done This One Before — Ronnie Lane
3. Any Day Woman — Bonnie Raitt
4. You Know Me More Than I Know — John Cale
5. Bulletproof Soul — Sade
6. There’s No Way Out of Here — Unicorn
7. God Knows (You Gotta Give to Get) — El Perro del Mar
8. The Straight and Narrow — Spiritualized
9. Magnolia — JJ Cale
10. Am I a Good Man? — Them Two
11. Ab’s Song — Marshall Tucker Band
12. Coyote, My Little Brother — Pete Seeger