1) What’s the first album you remember loving as a kid?
The first album I loved was probably something like NSYNC or Hanson, but I want to say something cooler, so, the first song I remember hearing and loving and needing to have was Tracy Chapman’s Gimme One Reason. I was 6 years old and heard it on the radio in the car with my dad. I told him I wanted to buy it and he was so thrilled he took me straight to Papa Jazz.
2) What was the first album you bought with your own money?
I can’t get out of this one, so: Hanson’s Middle of Nowhere.
3) What was the first local band that caught your ear?
I listened to Stretch Arm Strong in middle school, but when I was in high school I found Elizabeth Foster and Erich Skelton. They were the first singer/songwriters who I felt drawn to/inspired me to make music.
4) What’s the most recent album you bought or have been listening to lately?
Right now I’m really into Lennon Stella’s EP, Love, me.
5) What do you have in store for 2019?
We’re going to finish the record and put it out sometime in March or April. I also hope 2019 brings some opportunities for writing and making and playing music with other local musicians I admire and respect. No real plans yet–I just want to make good stuff with good people.